MIAMI TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES
AUGUST 15, 2022
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 pm. by Chairperson Mucher. Trustees Hollister and Moir were present. Fire Chief Altman, Road Department employee Gochenouer and Fiscal Officer Silliman were also present.
YS News report Lauren Shows and YS Chamber of Commerce President Mark Heise were in attendance.
ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES
The adoption of the August 1st were tabled until the September 7th meeting.
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS
A MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Ms. Moir was made to pay accounts in the amount of $71,909.24; General Fund – $1,989.37; Fire Fund – $40,205.27; Cemetery – $20,160.66; EMS Billing – $1,937.60; Road and Bridge – $7,616.34. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
A MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to adopt RESOLUTION 2022-26: . MOTION CARRIED 2-0-1 (Moir abstained).
The Trustees received:
- MVRPC’s Executive Director’s August 2022 Update; MVRPC’s Age-Friendly Network – Equity Analysis – Miami Valley Environmental Assessment; Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Resources Workshop August 30th;
- Several pieces of information from Ohio Cemetery Association’s recent conference;
- Little Miami Watershed Network Creek Clean Up notice;
- Greene County Chip Seal Program update;
- Miami Township Audit FY2021 – Fraud Risk Assessment;
- Vacancy on the cemetery Dispute Resolution Commission;
- County Auditor’s August 2022 Real Estate Settlement;
- Township Local Tax Certification – Calendar Year 2021;
- AOS Bulletin 2022-08: Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund;
- State of Ohio Monthly Financial Report for July 2022;
- RPCC Executive Committee Meeting August 16th 1:30;
- Confirmation receipt of 2nd funding payment;
- Greene Soil & Water District Election & Annual Meeting Sept. 13th;
- Medicount Management 2022 Semi-Annual Report;
- Fund Status, Revenue Status and Appropriation Status reports for 8/16/2022.
PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS
Mr. Mark Heise reported that he recently attended a Greene County Development Department meeting. There was discussion to start a county-wide effort to “buy local”.
FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORT
Chief Altman reported there were 41 EMS incidents (2 in Bath Twp.) and 4 Fire (0 in Bath Twp.) since the last meeting.
In apparatus news, Engine 82 developed a significant pump leak. Atlantic Emergency Solutions will be coming to the station in the morning to address the issue.
The Fire Levy Task Force is having their initial meeting via zoom next Tuesday evening.
Lastly, the Chief reported that MTFR will be participating in the YSPD’s Touch a Truck event on Friday, August 20th. The Annual Clifton Ice Cream Social is tentatively scheduled for August 30th.
Mr. Gochenouer reported there were 2full burials in Clifton Cemetery since the last report.
The roads in Glen Forest Cemetery were paved and look good. Weed eating in Clifton Cemetery will start on the 29th. He has called Grave Groomers and left a message. Has not heard back from them.
Mr. Mucher asked if Mr. Gochenouer has practiced opening the columbarium niches. He replied that he has.
Trustee Moir reported she visited FoxField Cemetery recently and was told they have a cart for sale that is used for natural burials. She does not know the asking price.
ROAD DEPARTMENT REPORT
Mr. Gochenouer reported that the wedging on Jackson and Tanyard Roads has been completed. Trimming the roads with the boom mower will be finished this week.
The bi-weekly review of the Township road’s conditions was conducted.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT
A MOTION by Ms. Moir and SECONDED by Mr. Hollister was made to adopt RESOLUTION 2022-31: Amendment of Permanent Appropriations. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
MVRPC – No report.
Transportation Advisory Committee – No report.
Greene County RPCC –
Greene County RPCC Executive Committee – No report.
Clifton Cemetery – No report.
YSDC – No report.
CASP (Climate Action Sustainable Project) – No report.
One Ohio Foundation – No report.
Mr. Hollister reported that the Fire Station’s meeting room is being requested for use more frequently and it is time to establish a policy document. He stated he will create a policy for the next meeting.
It was mentioned that the Trustees agreed to provide the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Endowment Fund group a letter of support.
There being no further business to discuss, a MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Ms. Moir was made to ADJOURN. MOTION CARRIED unanimously. Time – 6:35 pm.