MIAMI TOWNSHIP TRSUTEES
FEBRUARY 5, 2018
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by President Mucher. Trustees Crockett and Hollister were present. Zoning Inspector Zopf and Fiscal Officer Silliman were also present.
ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES
A MOTION by Mr. Crockett and SECONDED by Mr.Hollister was made to adopt the minutes of January 17th as presented. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS
A MOTION by Mr. Crockett and SECONDED by Mr.Hollister was made to pay accounts in the amount of $40,300.98: General Fund - $4,576.50; Fire Fund - $21,980.73; Cemetery - $53.29; EMS Billing - $8,493.53; Road and Bridge - $5,196.93. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
The Trustees received:
· Ohio Township News Magazine;
· Schaefer Agreement for Services;
· OTARMA’s Anniversary Coverage & Invoice;
· ElanCity Radar Speed Sign Company;
· CareWorks 4th Qtr. 2017 report;
· E-Mails from MSA Architects re: Opinion of Probable Cost and Feb.13th conference call;
· Ohio EPA Citizen Advisory Public Meeting announcement;
· Parity, Inc.’s Top 10 African American Male Award announcement;
· League of Women Voter’s Newsletter;
· Pontem Proposal for Online Burial Search software;
· MVRPC Transportation Survey and Feb.1 Board of Director’s Meeting announcement;
· E-Mail from RPCC re: Interviews of final candidates for Executive Director;
· RPCC handouts for Executive Committee Report meeting;
· E-Mail from Public Health of Greene County re: annual District Advisory Council meeting;
· Public Health of Greene County meeting announcement February 1;
· Greene County Council on Aging newsletter;
· Annual County Engineer’s Dinner invitation;
· E-Mail from Community Solutions re: symposium registration & Berlin agricultural protests;
· E-Mail from B.Zappe re: Quit Claim Deed/GF Cemetery;
· E-Mail from MTFR member Cooper re: meeting announcement;
· Invitation from The YS Environmental Commission re: Transition to Eco-Friendly Land Management Practices workshop;
· E-Mail from YS News re: Red Book updates;
· Fund Status, Revenue Status and Appropriation Status reports for 2/5/18.
After reviewing the OTARMA Anniversary Coverage & Invoice, a MOTION by Mr. Crockett and SECONDED by Mr.Hollister was made to authorize payment in the amount of $17,935.50. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORT
NEW FIRE HOUSE REPORT
Mr.Mucher stated we are waiting for the Greene County Building Department to issue a permit to build, the plans will be submitted to the USDA Board in Columbus. After the plans are reviewed and approved in Columbus, the bidding process will begin.
Mr.Mucher suggested the Board consider an addition to the Pontem Software program that the Cemetery uses to record gravesite ownership and burials. This addition would allow the public to access the software records. There is a charge of $1,900 to set up the option. There would be an additional monthly charge of approximately $100. The Trustees agreed to consider the option and further discuss the option at a future meeting.
Mr.Hollister asked if there are any plans for the extension portion of Glen Forest Cemetery. Mr.Mucher stated there are no immediate plans and to leave it as it is for now.
Mr.Mucher asked Mr.Zopf if there is any news regarding the restoration of the cannon in Glen Forest Cemetery. Mr.Zopf stated there is progress and a stall in the rebuilding of the supports. The stall is due to wanting to braise the supports then hot dip galvanize them. One cannot galvanize if they have been braised. A “plan B” is being discussed.
ROAD DEPARTMENT REPORT
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT
A MOTION by Mr.Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Crockett was made to adopt RESOLUTION 2018-06: Amendment of Temporary Appropriations. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
Ms.Silliman stated she will provide a draft of Permanent Appropriations for the Trustees to review and adopt a final version at the March 5th meeting.
ZONING INSPECTOR’S REPORT
Mr.Zopf reported he issued a permit for a lot split on Hilt Road.
A MOTION by Mr.Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Crockett was made to accept the Annual Contract for Snow Removal & Street Repair with the Village of Clifton. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
A MOTION by Mr.Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Crockett was made to accept RESOLUTION 2018-07: Annual Fire/EMS Services Contract with Green Township, Clark County. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
There being no further business to discuss, the Trustees unanimously AGREED TO Adjourn. Time – 7:55 p.m.