MIAMI TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES
SEPTEMBER 18, 2017
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by President Spracklen. Trustees Crockett and Mucher were present. Fiscal Officer Silliman was also present.
ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES
A MOTION by Mr.Mucher and SECONDED by Mr.Crockett was made to adopt the minutes of September 6th as presented. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
A MOTION by Mr.Mucher and SECONDED by Mr.Crockett was made to adopt the minutes of September 11th as presented. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS
A MOTION by Mr.Crockett and SECONDED by Mr.Mucher was made to pay accounts in the amount of $64,693.50: General Fund - $21,384.64; Fire Fund - $11,058.67; Cemetery - $5,355.28; EMS Billing - $3,473.24; Road and Bridge $23,421.77. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
The Trustees received:
* E-Mail from ODOT re: traffic issue on Fairfield Pike;
* E-Mail from MSA re: Geotech Services;
* E-Mail from Ohio Rural Community Assistance Program
· Notification from USDA requiring certifications from eight community members;
· Letter from Family Violence Prevention Center;
· OTA’s Grassroots Clippings newsletter;
· Proposed application for conditional use;
· E-Mail from RPCC re: Executive Committee meeting 9/17;
· Several e-mails re: Bond Validation Proceedings;
· OTARMA Update newsletter and Annual report;
· Ohio Twp. Magazine;
· Request from MVRPC for solicitation for new FAST Act projects and 9/7 Executive Committee meeting materials;
· Zoning Commission minutes of June 20th & July 18th;
· Fund Status, Revenue Status and Appropriation Status reports for 9/18/17.
FIRE DEPARMENT REPORT
Chief Altman was not present but he provided a memo. There were 37 EMS incidents and 9 fire incidents since the last meeting. Seven fire safety inspections were conducted.
The Annual Stair Climb went very well, with 151 climbers in attendance. A total of $21,325 was raised and MTFR raised just over $2,000 of that total.
Lastly, it was reported that several MTFR members recently completed out of station training. Lt. Ayers spent a week taking the FEMA Intermediate ICS and Advanced ICS sources through Greene County EMA. FF/PM Panuto, FF/PM Jacobsen, FF/EMT Miller-Jacobson and FF/EMT Meister took an all-day grain bin rescue course at New Jasper through OSU and the Ohio Fire Academy.
NEW FIREHOUSE REPORT
A MOTION by Mr.Mucher and SECONDED by Mr.Crockett was made to adopt RESOLUTION 2017-34: Authorizing bond validation of May 2nd election. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
ROAD DEPARTMENT REPORT
FISCAL OFFCIER’S REPORT
A MOTION by Mr.Mucher and SECONDED by Mr.Crockett was made to adopt RESOLUTION 2017-32: Amendment of Permanent Appropriations. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
A MOTION by Mr.Crockett and SECONDED by Mr.Mucher was made to adopt RESOLUTION 2017-33: Accepting the Amounts and Rates necessary for tax levies. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
MVRPC – Executive Committee and Board of Director’s – Mr.Mucher reported that there was a lot of payment of bills and other routine tasks performed. The Transportation Committee discussed changes to the plan.
RPCC – Mr.Mucher reported that a subdivision in Sugarcreek Township was authorized and a zoning change request around KilKare Raceway was denied.
There being no further business to discuss, a MOTION by Mr.Mucher and SECONDED by Mr.Crockett was made to ADJOURN. MOTION CARRIED unanimously. Time - 7:40 p.m.